Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
[b] However, I can see Lois choosing to take a foreign language in school, being the overachiever she was. She loves a challenge, and maybe she had dreams of working for a paper in Paris before landing an internship/position at the Planet. laugh Just as an example.
Except that she did her year (summer?) abroad in Ireland. If she had studied a foreign language and wanted to become proficient in it, I could see her spending her time abroad in a country that spoke that language. I also could see her starting a foreign language in high school (or maybe a course during the summer), realizing that she wasn't going to ace the course because she didn't have a talent in it, and never taking another class in it to keep her GPA up. More the avoiding what she doesn't do well, so others <<cough>> her father <<cough>> would never see her do poorly at something. [/b]
Very true. Except, if the school require X years/credits in language, she would be forced to do it. So maybe she started with one language, like French (to keep the example the same) and was able to swap out regular courses for a study abroad program. I don't know if that's possible, but perhaps. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon