Per Mrs. Luthor's request that I share more of my cutting room floor (deleted scenes), I thought about adding this thread. Lines you had to cut from a story that you liked, but it didn't work for some reason or another.

I've got 1000 of them, but I'll share this rant of Alt-Clark's to Lois from Missing Lois:

“I hear about your dreams, about how you work together, and how happy you are together, and are great together you are, it’s all a reminder of how I’ll never have that… with her.” He took another deep breath. “So, don’t take this personally, but I can’t anymore. No more telling me about your dreams, no more calling out for me, when you want him, no more holding my hand when you’re in pain. No more being Lois Lane. Can you be just Lucy El for the little time you have left here? H. G. Wells is probably on his way now to take you home to your Superman and then what will I be left with? A bunch of questions from my friends I don’t want to answer? A live-in father-in-law? A giant Lois sized hole in my heart, because I won’t even have you to remind me of her anymore. And I’m afraid I might forget her again and what if she’s out there, waiting for me to rescue her, and I just give up?”

This line got cut because it was too angry for the scene and would have turned the story in a direction I didn't want to go. But I loved having alt-Clark finally stand up to Lois and tell her off. laugh (Two points if you know where in the story it was cut from. wink )

What is the favorite line you had to cut from a story and never got to use?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.