Great part, Erin! This is looking to be a very cool story! (Well, duh... wink ).

I like the different messenger rescue. No bomb eating, huh? I guess he didn't have to impress Lois.

One thing I'm wondering about...

Lois's jaw dropped, and there was a collective gasp from the crowd of co-workers around her. *A man?* Lois thought. *How could it be a man? There was no such thing as a flying man!*
Why is Lois thinking in the past tense?

Also (okay, so it's more than one thing. Sue me. wink ), I always wondered how Clark lifted the Messenger into orbit without problems... after he'd ripped the door off.

In any case, it'll be interesting to see this Lois take on Superman with a slightly more (but not completely) cynical approach.

And in only three days? Wow. That's barely enough time to make up for jet lag...

Nice touch with the staircase. smile

You know, with Lois in Metropolis, I'm going to miss Agnes.

The wardrobe choice is also very telling. Definitely a different Lois. This should be really interesting...

Very nice ending to this part, too. I love watching Lois's heart and mind tugging back and forth like that. That last line is especially beautiful. Looking up into the sky, thinking of it as her own, and now Superman is flying through it. Does that mean the sky is his? Or is he hers? Or is it something for them to share? Lovely.

Very much looking forward to seeing more of this, Erin.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.