Well, I don't watch "Glee," but I have been known to hold off on watching something else if I am in the middle of writing. If it's something I am just watching for background noise, I can do both. But sometimes I want to fully immerse myself in the scene. So I can relate to that one, as well as the laughing/crying/growling at the computer screen.

Some of these make me cringe because I'd like to think a good, honest person wouldn't behave that way -- but I know it's not always the case. I personally don't believe in "thanks, you're so great" feedback without giving any details -- as both a writer and a reader. I strongly feel that if someone takes the time to write a story -- or leave you feedback about your own -- that you should take the time to be gracious in return. But that doesn't always happen.

And I know of people who have fired their beta for them not being a "yes m'am/sir" type who tells them there's nothing wrong with their story, so yes, I'd say that love/hate relationship definitely exists.

But do I believe that fanfic is a waste of time? No. I think it can provide a valuable escape or vacation from the tasks and tribulations of everyday life. And I, for one, am grateful for it.

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"