I have a strong objection to Michael Landes (Landis?) as Jimmy Olsen. When he was Jimmy, he looked too much like Clark Kent. He was too dark-haired, too tall and lean, too "adult-looking". Jimmy is supposed to look much younger than Clark Kent, and he is supposed to have a different hair color. I'm just saying!

Anyway, when I was reading the Superman comics in the sixties and early seventies, I grew to somewhat dislike Jimmy Olsen. It was because there were too many stories that were "Jimmy-centered". When Superman spent time with Jimmy, which he seemed to do way too often, he didn't have time to be with Lois and cultivate his relationship with her. It was as if he very much preferred his "big brother" relationship with Jimmy over his potentially seriously romantic relationship with Lois. frown razz

So to me, Jimmy is a serious "romance-killer" and worthy of his title "Jimmy Interruptus" for more reasons than one!

[Linked Image]

The classic comic book Jimmy Olsen, keeping Superman busy.

Ann

P.S. Oh, and by the way... since Jimmy says that he is going to be frozen until the year 2058, I think we can date this comic to 1958!