more questions:

I've now been reading the category descriptors and have more questions (think I've been assuming I knew what they were without actually reading smile )

Best Alternate Universe / Elseworlds Story: Stories which feature parallel universes (including the Alt World that was introduced on the show), or stories in which the author has made major changes (such as time, place and/or nature of the characters) before where the series started in the Pilot. Cross-overs would also fit in this category. No size restrictions.
Last year, 'Next Generation' was included in this category. What happened?

2. Best Relationship:
Best Relationship Story (over 50k): B-plot driven stories which focus mainly on Lois & Clark's relationship. I was wondering if stories that are both A plot abd B plot driven would count here. As a reader, I find it's those fics which intertwine the two which stay with me and are the most moving because the A plot affects the B plot and so makes it richer somehow. Does that make sense? So by sticking with a B plot driven only fic, I wouldn't be nominating what I really think are the best relationship fics.
(although there are many short fics that are relationship fics that are wonderful, highlighting as they do one special aspect of the relationship)

c.