Well, I think everyone in Smallville pretty much knew that Martha and Jonathan couldn't have kids so couldn't be his natural parents. I have this impression of one of those small town whispered about things, you know? The infertility thing I mean. I don't think he introduces himself to people like that - Hi, I'm Clark Kent and I'm adopted - or anything but it's not a secret either. We know he tells Lois fairly early on when he does the story about adopted kids searching for roots.

Clark went to Midwestern and played football. Lois went to school in Metropolis but no idea what school - there are probably several universities there. I'm not sure if that's canon or general assumption. Nan's Lori Lyons Kent in HOME went to New Troy State U. There's Metropolis U. U of Met. Univ of New Troy at Met. All are possibilities. You can probably come up with another one or two if you wanted to.

I'd guess Journalism majors but not sure if that's canon or not.

When Irish Eyes are Killing is when we find out she went to Ireland. I don't think it says when or how old she was. I'm not even sure she says it was a year, just that she went with school, but I could be wrong on that.

HTH. Someone else may have more definitive answers.
Carol