Oh, shoot, that probably means the votes I sent in Sunday night won't count because it was after midnight Eastern Time, although still an hour before midnight in my time zone. Is that why I still haven't gotten an email confirming my vote?

I was very mixed up about this, too. I always assume that midnight is at the end of a day rather than the beginning, so I looked up the response from the National Institute of Standards and Technology, which stated:

"When a specific date is important, and when we can use a 24-hour clock, we prefer to designate that moment not as 1200 midnight, but rather as 0000 if we are referring to the beginning of a given day (or date), or 2400 if we are designating the end of a given day (or date).

To be certain of avoiding ambiguity (while still using a 12-hour clock), specify an event as beginning at 1201 a.m. or ending at 1159 p.m., for example; this method is used by the railroads and airlines for schedules, and is often found on legal papers such as contracts and insurance policies."

So instead of getting my response in 23 hours early, it looks like I missed the deadline. frown

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/