OK, I'm a little hesitant to speak without consulting with my fellow vote-counters, but let me offer up some kind of reply.

In past years, whenever the Kerth deadline was set, it was for Sunday at midnight Eastern Time, which was understood to be the end of Sunday, not the beginning. Since I'm on the west coast, I've always been around for the close of voting at 9pm my time.

So I was surprised to see a deadline given of Monday this year, but I just assumed that the Kerth committee was allowing an extra day of voting.

Now, maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that meant you had until midnight TONIGHT to vote, which would be some time Tuesday for Europeans, etc.

Since there is some confusion, I would say that if you see this message in time and you would to submit a ballot, go ahead. I can't promise that it will be counted, since I have to talk to Kae and Tricia on this. The three of us are wildly separated by time zones, which makes communication a little difficult at times, and Kae is unavailable right now, but we can discuss it and see what can be worked out.

This isn't proper procedure, I know, and I am certainly not authorized to make any official extensions, but since the question has come up - and it hasn't before - I want to try to be as fair as I can.

How does that sound?

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5