I tend to stick to happier websites for my research--as long as they don't start with wiki
Elizabeth

actually I find cites beginning with "Wiki" to be often very useful for certain types of information...

When MLT asked for help finding a "weapon" that Dr Klein and his Lab rats could use to incapacitate hostage takers without harming the hostages, I used 3 years of medical-science and pharmacology at university as a starting block to point me (and her) in the direction of volatile anaesthetics. A 2min search on wikipedia, followed by 15 min working on a summary as to how she could use it as a "weapon", turned into the critical information needed for Dr Klein to defeat the terrorists, get rid of the Kryptonite and save the day... see vindication

so you see,
for our purposes in fandom, wikipedia is quite adequate to explain to the author enough of the background behind technical points for them to further summarise wikipedia into 3 lines needed for the reader to understand...

this is after-all a Fiction Fan-club (whatever way you put it) and most of the readers would not care if the ingredients in a bomb are in the correct rations, nor would they care for whatever space-time continuum theory that is being explored during time-travel (I mean, I personally hate going into too much physics, mumbo-jumbo, whereas I love medical mumbo-jumbo... each to their own...)

So long as the author successfully uses the info to hatch out their plot... wiki is fine by me... whereas for a scientific article in even in a daily newspaper/other media, I would expect more research.... but for Fiction... I re-stress that that wiki is AOK thumbsup

You can't have MANSLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER

The Neuroscientist: Eating glass makes you smart...do you want to see what you can learn?