So if a speeding bullet is about 1100mph or 18.33mpm [I'm ignoring the 3rd article which gets into the whole how long it would take Sman to hear you thing wink ] and the speed of sound is 770mph but we only ever hear 1 sonic boom so he has to fly between 770mph and 1540mph [12.8mpm and 25.6mpm] right [or we'd hear two sonic booms]? He could run from my house to church in just over a minute wink . Or from Metropolis [using NY as a base]to Topeka, KS [nearish Smallville?] in an hour or less [1253 miles].

We often in fic, have him arriving in Smallville in a matter of minutes. The current fic I'm working on has him flying from Metropolis to Colorado in about 10 minutes [just over 2100 miles] which now seems fantastical - but then again, the whole thing is fantastical wink . That would be 210mpm or 11xs faster than he can run. Is that even reasonable? Perhaps something about his aura or something makes it more plausible without extra sonic booms?

Okay - back to the running thing... if a grown up Superman can run 18mpm, how many can a 10yo Clark Kent run? 9mpm? 2mpm? .5mpm [which would be an extremely respectable 2 minute mile]? I had him at 2mpm but... I want to be at least quasirealistic wink as much as a fic with a flying man can be in this area anyway.

Thanks!
Carol