I found the Friedman books enjoyable, but they were very clearly written for the young adult market and were therefore a little lightweight. I did enjoy some of the Lois/Clark banter, but I wouldn't say they were worth shelling out for. All the free fanfic you can get in FoLCdom is much better.

As for the Cherryh novel - don't talk to me about it. <g> It was clear that Cherryh had never watched the show when she wrote it. In fact, she's on record as saying she just did it for the cash and wrote it over a weekend. There are a lot of details that are based more on the comics than our show and which don't fit with the LNC universe. Lois and Clark spend the vast majority of the book apart and there's a lot of focus on Superman rescues - which never interested me as much as LNC's relationship.

So...stick to fanfic, would be my advice. It's cheaper, its mostly way better written and it's written by fellow fans who know what FoLCs want in a LNC story. wink

As for Superman being irresponsible - just don't get me started on the fire hydrant issue in Man of Steel Bars again. goofy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers