Just to be pedantic wink

"If he thinks _____, he's got another think coming."

In that sentence, "think" is a gerund (a verb used as a noun--or is a gerund a noun used as a verb? I always get that confused. Either way, "think" is a verb used as a noun here.), and it's ALSO used as the direct noun of the verb "has got." This change implies that the person doing the thinking had better re-think his thought, or something altogether unpleasant (for him) will happen to him.
I'd argue with that connotation -- it seems to me it's more like: The person doing the thinking will soon be forced to re-think because what he thinks is gonna happen ain't gonna happen. It implies to me that the person doing the faulty thinking isn't likely to wise up until slapped in the face by reality. The "another think" is "coming" to smack some sense into him.

I'd say it's less of a warning and more of a prediction. There's almost an element of "you've got another think coming, and I can't wait to watch it get here and smack you around."

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K