Ack!

What a debate my suggestion spawned. blush

I had no idea! Where I live, the 'expression' used (obviously slang I guess from what I've read here) is that 'you've got another thing coming'. That's just how I had always heard it said.

I merely changed "think" to "thing" thinking that James had a typo or perhaps there had been a misspelling and WORD had changed it to think.

Again - I had no idea.

Hee hee. Learn new things all the time. <g>

I love my beta and want her to know that I take about 99% of her suggestions as gospel.
Awww, as much as that makes my day, James, you really shouldn't. Haven't you noticed that after a lot of my suggestions I list the disclaimer - "I think this is correct" or "I don't think you have to have that there"... that's just to cover my butt in case I'm wrong. goofy

Seriously, I have learned so much reading the stories here on the archive, working with betas, and arguing <wink> with GE's over proper grammar and punctuation.

So, I'll continue to try my best - but I'll also continue to use "disclaimers". <g>

Thanks James! And thanks to everyone else for their insight.

-- DJ angel-devil

EDIT -- I just said the phrase "another think coming" over and over - like 5 times. I think I know how "thing" came to be. When you say 'think coming' really fast... it "sounds" like 'thing coming' - because you are putting a "k" and a "c" (only with a 'k' sound) together. So they run together and form just *one* "k" sound. So, instead, it sounds like you are saying 'thing coming'.

Anyway, just thought I'd share that bit of silliness. Try saying "another think coming" really fast, without pausing for the "k" sound in think... I think you'll see what I mean. <g>

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.