LOL, Paul. And you missed most of it, because the bulk of it took place over in PM.
rotflol

Well, this idea that it should be capitalized if Red or Green is in front of is quite interesting. One form of sodium (liquid I believe - liquid sodium - not salt dissolved in water) is silver. So if red or green kryptonite is capitalized then should we capitalize Silver Sodium? One form of copper is green. Should we capitalize Green Copper? In that same vein, should we capitalize Liquid Oxygen? Or should it be liquid oxygen, green copper, and silver sodium?

Would somebody actualy be able to trademark an element? Maybe... I don't know. I guess if it's a created element, it could certainly be trademarked. But kryptonite was part of a planet. It wasn't created in a lab. I bet there was some salt, and some oxygen, and some potassium and nitrogen on Krypton, too. (Interesting... We capitalize Krypton, but half the time earth is not capitalized... Hmmmm..... )

But frankly? I really don't think it's something that will cause a massive rift in the space time continuum if it gets capitalized on occasion.
Nope, but it is an interesting question.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~