Been a while since I've seen the eps (the scripts are avaialble, of course... The link's at the top of the main boards page), but... yeah.

Lex Jr had Vixen built as part of his evil plan. I think it had something to do with taking revenge on the people who "betrayed" his father and simultaneously regaining control of daddy's old empire.

I don't think they got into the details of how she was built. He's Lex's son. He has access to stuff. There may have been a throwaway line or something, but I think it comes down to "I've got staff for that."

As for the Lois portion of his evil plot... He wanted to possess his father's entire empire, including the bits Lex Sr never quite got. There's also the implication that the Lois obsession is genetic. "Daddy wanted her. Almost had her. She is a treasure. I'll make her mine!"

So he found Leslie, this washed-up old actor, and hired him to play... Lex Jr. So he could live vicariously though someone handsome.

The plan was for Leslie to seduce Lois, but that didn't work. So they injected her with this thing to make her follow orders. I think the hope was that she'd get used to it, in time. Grow into the role she was being forced to play.

When it comes down to it, Lex Jr was (not surprisingly) completely off his rocker.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.