I thankfully don't have any practical experience with this, but to the best of my knowledge (someone please correct me if I'm wrong):

"What would the ambulance officers do on the way to the hospital?"

Bandage the wound to stem the bloodflow. Possibly put on a tourniquet if necessary. Probably cleanse the wound first, depending on the exact circumstances.

Start an IV line (this is SOP for just about any EMT pickup).

Monitor vital signs.

Other things (oxygen line, etc) as necessary.

"Would the fact that it's a non-super powered Kryptonian play a role in the surgery?"

Up to you. We know very little of Kryptonian physiology for certain. The difference between a human and a non-powered Kryptonian might not be noticable at all on a larger-than-microscopic view, or there might be an almost entirely different organ structure or maybe some membranes and stuff that no one's ever seen before. Whatever suits your purposes.

"Also, where would be a good place to shoot a normal person?"

In my experience, there isn't one. No matter where you hit, you're bound to cause some physical harm...

(That's the smart-alec way of saying "What do you mean by 'good'? What do you want to do?")

"What would happen if you shot someone in the stomach?"

Well, there are other things the bullet could/would hit. There'd be internal bleeding which would need to be patched up. Stomach acid might or might not seep out, causing damage to nearby organs without the proper lining. The bullet might or might not hit a major blood vessel, causing much faster bleeding. The bullet might or might not hit the spine or a major nerve, causing partial paralysis. The bullet might or might not hit another organ on the way out (depending on angles and stuff). The bullet might or might not become lodged in a rib, which might or might not necessitate surgery to remove it (sometimes, they decide that doing so would be more trouble than its worth).

The specifics are, basically, up to you.

Surgery would require stitching up the wound and investigating for further damage. The specifics would depend on the specifics of the damage. Timing would vary depending on what needs to be done, but would most likely be measured in hours.

"And, if the police were involved, what kind of procedures would they follow?"

A regular CSI watcher could probably answer this much better, but off the top of my head:

Seal off the area.

Question any witnesses.

Call in a CSI team.

Let them gather evidence (take samples of blood, look for the bullet, take photographs of the scene, etc).

If there's a guy with a smoking gun and a dozen witnesses pointing to him and saying, "He did it!" take him in for questioning. You don't want to make an arrest on the spot because false arrest is a troublesome charge. OTOH, you can hold someone for 24 hours without consequences. So, you take the guy into custody, get his story down on paper, whatever. Then you build up a case and arrest him when you're sure.

This is all "best guess" stuff, of course, but hopefully, most of it's accurate. It should get you started, at least, until someone with more specific knowledge comes in.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.