Let's say you were an orphan, alone in the world. You had lots of really weird abilities and nobody to discuss them with.

The abilities developed gradually as you grew, and you gained control of them by practicing when you were alone and unobserved. By the time you graduated from high school, you had super vision and hearing, gradually increasing strength, and speed. And you could hold your breath for 20 minutes, start fires with your eyes, and freeze things with your breath.

Let's say the invulnerability thing happened gradually but later in your teens, so that you reached full invulnerability around the age of 20.

Now, you've discovered that an unexpected side effect of complete invulnerability is that you can't cut your nails or your hair.

Realistically, as a bewildered young college student, with no one you can discuss this with, how would you solve this? You've never had the luxury of being able to discuss any of your abilities with anyone, and have had to cope with these things all alone. Would you immediately come up with the heat vision technique, or would you contemplate other possibilities first?

What sort of things might you consider?

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler