(not being familiar with the show being the biggest complaint of crossovers normally)
The thing which has always made this genre one of my least favourites over the years is that I've never felt of the ones I've read that they spent equal time on the shows and characters they were using. They always seemed to be slanted more towards one show/set of characters than the other.

Now, that, I have to qualify, was many, many years ago. I gave up reading crosses for that reason a long time back. So I've no idea if that's true of the genre today. But it might be something to keep in mind for anyone tackling a X.

One great exception I found, even back in the day, was Becky Bain's wonderful LNC/B&TB X, which dealt so beautifully with both shows that even for a reader who'd never seen B&TB it was easy to understand the characters and what they were about. It's available on the Archive, btw, for anyone who hasn't yet read it and wants to.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers