A thought on this subject occurred to me last night after I'd gone to bed, and I thought I'd share it.

Two or three years ago, two of my daughters went to the big comic convention here in San Diego (I believe it's called Comicon). They came back with a lot of stories about things that happened while they were there, but one thing stuck out in my mind, and I've applied it to my writing ever since.

There was a very well-known science fiction author there, (sad to say, I don't remember his name at this late date, but I recognized it at the time) and they attended a speech and a question and answer session with him. One young man, an aspiring author, had a question that I found both amusing and relevant. It was the same question that Yvonne asked at the beginning of this thread. The author's answer: "Write better."

I thought about that for a long time and interpreted the answer thusly:

There isn't any one answer to the question. The only thing you can do is what works for you. If you're dissatisfied with the way you write these bridge scenes, then you have to try harder to come up with something that does work. That was what I did, and I'm still working on it. I guess you can take the advice for what it's worth, but I thought I'd pass it along anyway, as professional advice from a --well -- professional. goofy

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.