What does strike me about your premise is that if altLois is perfectly happy in her new life, altClark might face a dilemma as to whether he should even tell her she used to be someone else or not. I'd think he'd have to spend a lot of time getting to know her before he was able to make the right choice for her - and even that seems a little presumptious, doesn't it? What right has he, a total stranger, to make decisions about altLois's life?
Hmmm. So I suppose she could be more resigned than happy with her current life, since she has no memories... Your take on it seems more interesting, though.

However,
Actually, come to think of it, the working through of his dilemma would be the most interesting part to write - for me, at least. I'd probably stop at the point where he made his choice <eg>.
So IF you (or someone else) were to actually write this sort of story, I could presumably be blamed goofy for the way it would end, huh?

By the way, I really enjoyed your series. I thought it was very believeable and very well done. I especially enjoyed the part where the two Loises and the two Clarks are all together for the first time. It was pretty funny! Their reactions to each other made sense. I suppose you wouldn't necessarily like everything about you if you met yourself face to face for the first time... (my brain's going numb on that thought). goofy

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler