hmm. interesting idea. it does sound cool. not sure what i'd have to contribute, tho...

----

As they flew over exotic New Jersey, Clark pointed out the sights. "Over there is exit 13. It's known for the powerful smell of its refineries, which helps keep the state immigration rate down. That's a vital service, since it's already the most densely populated state in the country."

Lois nodded thoughtfully.

Clark turned south. "Down that way is East Brunswick. There isn't much to it, really. That there is the bowling alley, and that building is the other bowling alley. That one is called 'Midstate Bowl' because it's very close to the geographical center of the state. Oh, and that mess over there used to be the Dairy Queen, which was owned by the mayor of the town. He sold it to a bank earlier this year, though, so that's why you can only see a bunch of metal poles where the building used to be."

"Huh."

"Yep. Now, over there is one of the last surviving farms in the area..."

----

hey, don't get me wrong. it's a good place to live. one of the best public schools around, one of the top libraries in the country, nice suburban setting between two very different cities... there just isn't much to show tourists, especially from the air.

one other thing... your description reminded me of a fic i read for the archive keyword project. it's an old IRC round robin, called whole new world. it seems to be along the same lines. of course, a different angle, different writers, etc can make a similar idea turn into an entirely new and interesting fic. just thought i'd point it out. sorry, i'm half asleep now, so i'm not really coming up with coherent reasoning.

time to get going, i guess. hey, maybe i can come up with an exciting description of the swamplands south of here...

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.