I had an idea which I started on the nfic board but I’ll post it here too. I started it there in case someone was interested in writing above PG-13. However, there could certainly always be both a pg and a nfic version - or even just a pg version. So I’d like to see what people here think.

For those of you who don’t get over to the nfic boards, I’ll try to summarize the idea and responses to it so far. Anyway, I was thinking (always a dangerous idea for me). And I had an idea.

We have so many people on the boards who are from or have lived in so many places around the world. I was thinking that it might be fun to write a story where Clark decides to take Lois on a world tour. It’s their wedding anniversary so he decides to take her to some of his favorite places. People could then contribute, allowing us to get a glimpse of their hometowns or some of their favorite places through Lois and Clark’s eyes.

So far we’ve had some ideas on the nfic boards about it.

There was some discussion about people who don’t normally write who might like to contribute. Some of the ideas were that they could contribute a couple of lines for the story, such as having Lois and Clark fly over their region on their way somewhere else. For example: ‘As they flew over *******, Clark pointed to the ground below them. They saw the white waters of the falls cascade over the cliffs. The misty steam rose above the fast flowing waters. Clark dipped down, taking both of them through the mist as they continued towards their destination.’

Or Laura suggested that she might be willing to take a description from someone else and use it in the story. There might be others that would like to try that as well.

I was thinking that once people indicated that they would like to contribute and what they wanted to do, I’d sort of organize the story so that you’d hopefully get the time of day you are looking for and we could make some sort of sense of the travel schedule. Then I’d start with a section from northern Ontario and send it on to the next person on the list and so on.

Anyway, I’m not sure exactly how it would work or if we’ll have enough people to do it. So anyway... comments? Ideas? Criticisms?

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane