NB: he tested Superman and told him if he didn't leave town, he would continue to kill people with the tests.
Interesting. I'd forgotten that there was a face-to-face confrontation in that one, along with Lex's trademark mind games. I may be able to use something like that.

MOSB: Lex wanted to control the electric power for Metropolis, so ignored his leaking nuclear plant which caused the heat wave.
Now this is one wpisode that I keep thinking of and discarding. I think it could go either way. While there isn't knowledge that Lex is truly behind the problems, it is a "mess" he makes that Superman ultimately has to clean up, which also seems to be a recurring theme with the newer corporate Lex Luthor. And maybe even with the older versions of Lex. When he isn't actively trying to destroy Superman specifically, he seems to be meddling in things best left alone and many times on a global scale.

That's all I can remember at the moment. At the risk of sounding egocentric, I'll point you to my story, The Portrait, which has Lex behind a really evil plot.
I have a tendency to not read when I'm actively writing but I'll keep it in mind. smile

BevBB :-)
"B. B. Medos"