Hey Carol smile

I'm assuming from the wording that relationship stories that are both A and B plot driven are not eligible in this category, is that right? Also, are stories that look at the developing relationship *after* marriage eligible in this category?
Stories driven by both A and B-plots fit better in categories like Drama, Lost Episode, or Episode Adaptations, depending on where the author gets the A-plot. This category was created in order to have a place for longer stories that *don't* have much A-plot to speak of, and aren't angsty enough to merit "Tearjerker" status. Kathy's "Momentum" last year was a good example of the type of thing we're going for here.

Stories set after marriage are certainly eligible here -- L& C's relationship is still developing, after all laugh

2. *Best Early Years/Super Futures Story -- Stories dealing with Lois and Clark's early years, or their descendants or ancestors. No size restrictions.

- I'm interpreting this to mean that stories that focus on L & C when they are married and also happen to have young children are excluded. Is that right?
No, I wouldn't say so. We tried to set this up to include almost anything that focuses on stories set before or after the approximate time frame of the series -- L&C in their young adult, pre-child years. Any story where L&C have kids seems to qualify as "Super Futures" -- this category was originally called "Next Generation."

We don't like to think of it in terms of excluding any story -- just a question of finding where it best fits. And we go with the way the nominations come in, too -- say there's a story that none of us on the K-com found particularly funny, but tons of people nominate it in "Best Comedy." Best Comedy is where it goes.

I'll have another look at that section, though -- I spent some time trying to define Elseworlds, so that level of detail would probably be useful elsewhere.

Thanks! smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K