I’m coming out of lurkdom one last time to post this.

I appreciate all the comments to my previous post and thank you for your comments.

I had already read Paul-Gabriel Weiner’s story and thought it was quite good. He’s someone whose stories I like. I’m sorry to say that I find Wendy and Tank’s stories only mildly amusing. They don’t make me laugh and don’t fill my desire for well-written comedies. The challenges are okay, but I found only one gem among a bunch of rocks. It's not enough to sustain my interest.

I took KathyB’s advice and contacted the writers that I liked. They told me that they still loved L & C and loved writing fan fiction but wouldn’t write any L & C fan fiction anymore. One writer told me flat-out that she would never, ever write for this board. They all said the same thing, that they felt “driven off” by others who are now here but used to be on another site. They told me that they are still writing but now write for other fan fiction sites where they “feel welcome” and “there’s no backstabbing and popularity contests to deal with.”

So I’m going to follow the writers that I like. When I want angst, I’ll come here since this seems to be the #1 spot for that. I’ll still lurk here but not post any more.

I know this isn't the feel-good happy comment you wanted to hear but I thought I'd tell you why you lost good writers. And it's a shame, too, because you lost a reader.