If you've read Margaret Brignell's amazing ONLY YOU five parts series about AltClark I'm sure you'll recognize this segment:

Clark heard the truck engine rev on the access road. The semi was coming to the intersection of the Topeka side road and the Lawrence road and Clark could see the driver slumped over the steering wheel. Clark wondered why the man was like that. Then, in a kaleidoscope of images, he *knew* why. The driver was unconscious! The truck was not going to stop! Mom and Dad had the right of way--they wouldn't be stopping! The truck and the car were going to *collide*!

Clark started to run. He had to get there...he *had* to! His breath was coming in sobs. He ran faster and faster. He ran as fast as he could, but before he got to the intersection he saw the semi hit the car. There was the sound of metal meeting metal. The car flipped and rolled over and over, finally sliding into the ditch upside-down. Then, there was silence--except for the creak of metal collapsing and the faint echo of a bird cawing in the distance.

The front of the truck was smashed in and the driver's head had cracked the windshield. The man wasn't moving. Clark could see Mom and Dad hanging from their seat belts in the overturned car. They weren't moving, either.

He tried to keep running, but for some reason his legs would not obey him anymore. He stumbled and fell, his mouth silently screaming "Mommy!"
I remember that I started crying at this point and I kept crying through the whole series. thumbsup

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!