I'm taking a leaf out of Irene's book here as her Memorable Moments thread gave me an idea.

Something which makes me a little sad is the number of wonderful stories out there in this fandom which through the years have slipped from the memory and been partly forgotten. Superb stories which gave us all so much pleasure and which deserve to be read and enjoyed by a whole new generation of FoLCs.

So in this thread I'm inviting readers to post a 'memorable moment' from one of these golden oldies. For the sake of expediency, let's say that by golden oldie we mean any fanfic posted/uploaded online prior to January 1st, 2000. That should give you all plenty of scope for some nostalgic remembering goofy and hopefully point some new readers in the direction of some great fanfic!

As with Irene's Memorable Moments, it's possible that this thread may contain spoilers.

I'm going to kick this one off with a 'memorable moment' from Gina Blank's Have A Jolly Holly Christmas...Or Not!. Yeah, I know it's somewhat out of season, but it's such a beautfully waffy and poignant early years vignette with a 'twist' that I just adore it...no matter what the time of year.

Lois sat in the corner of the bay window in her bedroom looking out across the city, where the Christmas lights on the other houses twinkled a rainbow of colours. As Lois shifted positions slightly, she heard the old wood creak beneath her. She then heard Lucy roll over and wake up from the sound.

"What are you doing?" she asked, half asleep.

"I'm just thinking," Lois started.

"Oh ... "

Lois turned back toward the window. "I'm just thinking of all the people in the world who are celebrating a lovely Christmas this year. I mean, I know there are people who *aren't* having a merry Christmas, and I don't want to sound
selfish, but I never thought I'd be one of them ... " Lois turned back to look at her sister, only to find her out like a light. Lois smiled, and then yawned as she realized how
late it was.

Lois slowly slid off the bay window, making sure not to make the wood creak, and headed back to her bed. As she settled underneath the covers, though, she thought she heard something. A voice. "Don't worry. Things'll work out ... "
it said.

"Lucy?" she whispered, "did you say something?" But Lucy was still asleep. Lois was too tired to think of it as anything but her imagination, so she ignored it, although not completely, because that night she slept easier than she had in the past two nights.
LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers