Trenna, I agree that it seems unlikely for Lois to stay in the alt-universe. But when I first watched Lois & Clarks, I did wonder what it would be like if "our" Clark couldn't be rescued, and alt-Clark stepped in to help out, permanently... I guess Tank's covered something similar in his Future series, though with genders reversed.

Interesting dynamics, though...

Ja-10, you're right, I don't think I've seen that idea before. I generally have a pretty low opinion of women who abandon their children so they can go do their own thing... but if it were presented as a formal adoption thing -- because Lara didn't think she could raise Kal to adjust to Earth, or something similar -- then it might be very interesting. Especially if she *doesn't* visit <eg> Imagine a teenaged Clark, discovering he's got the same powers as this super-woman who's been famous for the last twenty years... freaky wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K