I'm posting this for The Lurker - anyone interested in picking it up, go for it!

LabRat smile

I had a horrible story idea which I would never write, but thought I would pass it on.

What if Lois, when she was in the Alt-World with Clark, decides to stay with the Alt-Clark, deciding that he needs her more than her Clark.
Her Clark has been Superman longer and has his parents to support him, plus still has a secret identity. Alt-Clark, who no longer has his parents, is only Superman because she talked him into it, ruining the life he had before,
not just his engagement to Lana, but the loss of his secret identity.

She feels attracted to both Clarks and decides to go with the one who needs her more. You know, this sounds like a Tank Ending for that episode!

Poor Clark. Poor Lex, whose frog clone plans are for nothing. I assume Clark would try to go to the Alt-World, with a horrified HG Wells, but,
alas...

It could be left like that, or perhaps, if one must have a happy ending <g>, we could find out that our Lois had been replaced by Alt-Lois at sometime in the past... hmmm... when, I wonder when Tempus did this evil deed... Before she even met Clark? That would be cruel too... Too bad the amnesia episode comes later.

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers