So if it's supposed to be knee high in July, it probably wouldn't get harvested for another two or three months.
LOL! /me thinks you are underestimating the effect of our long, hot summers on the growth of corn. <g> Sometimes you can practically see it growing. smile But you do make a good point about July.

I still think October is too late, though. I live in farm country and farmers here are harvesting corn by August, but it's certainly possible that Kansas has colder winters and later springs than central IL. Maybe later August or early September might be a good bet? (Where is Jeff Brogden when you need him?? <g>)

But I know when we grow corn in our garden (in our backyard) we are well harvested by the end of summer. And remember, sweet corn gets harvested before field corn, which goes into fall.

Plus it was definitely summer in GGGoH and I think Kansas would be colder than that by October or November. But this is L&C, where Metropolis only gets one day a year of snow (on Christmas <g>) so that can't really be too much of a factor. wink

Kathy