I'm joining this thread very late ...

But after reading Elle's story last night, inspiration kicked into gear so who knows what'll happen.
Elle as in me?? Hm, if that's the case, then the source of your inspiration demands you write. evil

Anyway, in regards to posting - WTWWM is more or less finished and, well, it's definitely a lot less stress between installments. STGTTIR, however, is a writing-as-I-go ... and a lot more stress-inducing. Already I wish I could go back and change a couple of things on the already posted section ... but oh, well, you live and you learn. The advantage to posting as you go is that you can tailor the rest of the story based on what the readers seem to enjoy — i.e., Cat was so well-received in the early sections of West Wind, I ended up adding a whole scene involving her and Clark. It's not so much changing your voice within the story, IMO, as making the story enjoyable to the readers.

As far as how long posts should be - length doesn't matter as long as you have a good cliffhanger!! evil

Elle Roberts

She's a dancer who doesn't dance. He's a painter who doesn't paint. It's like a bohemian version of the Island of Misfit Toys. – “Igby Goes Down”