But I did want to point out that while many people prefer to have their story complete before posting, you don't need to hesitate if you want to try it the other way. We'll take fic any way we can get it!
Oh, absolutely. Couldn't agree more. It's basically a case of finding out which method works best for you really.

For years I didn't write in a linear fashion, but as scenes came to me. They could be anywhere in the final story. I could be working on the penultimate scene before the opening one. laugh So that made it hugely difficult to post as I wrote.

Also I'm very much in the habit still of redrafting and going back and adding to scenes I might have considered finished. And it irritates me to have posted part one and then two weeks later decide there was something I wanted to put in there.

In the last year or so I've switched to writing linear. It was much easier when online brainstorming a story with my betas if we went in a logical progression and they could see how the plot was forming. And I kind of enjoy it now. <g>

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers