Wow, two parts! Yay!

This was really good, Nan. I think my favorite part is when the patrolman was trying to explain events to Halthzor... poor kid's world has been turned upside-down, what with his boss's wife shooting him and his boss's enemy helping him... laugh

I knew Jils were strong, but I was impressed when the Lady pulled Kevin onboard. She'd been starved and abused for days, then in long and painful labor... not to mention the blood loss... after *my* kids were born I barely had enough energy to walk across the room smile Superior, indeed.

So, good ending, with a little punchline there goofy It didn't surprise me, 'cause I've read all your other stories, but still, it was fun to watch Eric and Mark be stunned by it.

Thanks for posting so quickly!!

PJ

p.s., nice to see Eric and Ruthy *finally* got married. What took them so long? "Miss Vogleman" indeed...

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K