Originally posted by ShayneT:
I agree with the other planet thing. Another thought...how about another dimension? Say Tempus traps Lois and Clark on an Earth where humanity never evolved/appeared or all died off?

Depending on what you want from the story, you could have a "Life after earth" scenario, where humanity vanished over one day and all that's left is a spooky, uninhabited world of ruined buildings, or an earth that was never inhabited, for them to roam.

Of course, it might be embarrassing for them to run around nude in the nfic version when HG Wells finally shows up to save them...
I like the "other dimension" idea. It's a good way to circumvent the "powers" problem as dimensionality and timeywimeyness isn't Clark's strong suit (in any version as far as I'm aware.)

The "other planet" idea would probably be helped to end by New Kryptonians finding Clark/Lord Kal-El projecting his telepathy in a kind of SOS. A Clark hoping to be found and Lois making the best of a problematic situation until she gets tired of it and convinces Clark to focus on her more. He stops projecting 100% of the time only to have a group of NKers find him (maybe Lord Nor followed closely behind by Lady Zara/Ching.)

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)