Originally posted by bakasi:
He could also claim that he was emotionally unavailable, because his beloved kryptonian wife died in the explosion of the planet. *sniff*.
Only problem is that he wouldn't be able to use that excuse until after the Foundling, but I could see him using it when Lois confesses to loving SM as an ordinary man after her rejection of Clark. This would work in multiple levels. a) It would keep Superman as a man of honor... b) It would also (unfortunately) leave Lois with some hope of an eventual relationship with SM... c) Plus, it's darn Romantic, and Lois wouldn't be able to fault him for that.

Another problem might arise when Lois remembers his professions of love while under Revenge (wink, wink) but, then again, she convinced herself that HER professions of love were drug induced as well.

I'd like to see how he tries to get out of that one, when Zara shows up.

Clark: No really, Lois. It was all just a ruse. I didn't know there were still kryptonians out there.
rotflol

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.