For the HoL story:

RGT--grade 2--says, "I liked it. My favorite part was when he gets out of the jail. I also liked when he was not made at the end."

TFT--grade K--says, "Awesome!" She only made it halfway through before bedtime came around, but I'm sure she'll finish up tomorrow. She loves to read.

I also found it difficult to write in only one tense and still make it easy to read. Sometimes I cheat and slip in a quote to make it easier, like, " 'Can I help?' his pals asked. I also use my thesaurus a whole lot more than I normally do. I find it takes me twice as long to write things on a basic level than it does to write at my own reading level, but isn't it worth it when they read without complaints?

Thanks for all of your help. We had a great time reading your first story tonight. I know we'll have a great time tomorrow or Wednesday night reading the next one. smile

Oh, and one more ramble for you... I told my girls that someone wrote two stories just for them to read. They got all excited, but we were delayed in reading right away. (Two phone calls and two poopy diapers tonight. What a mess!) When I got back to my laptop my 5-yr-old was all excited. "I found them: Sin and The Picnic." I haven't had a chance to read through either one of them, but something tells me that Sin is not on a 5-yr-old reading level. devil

Elisabeth