Elisabeth,
My son is in first grade, so although I used too many sight words, I did my best to use small, phonetic words or those that have been on his spelling lists (most common sight words).

Here's BatP and HoL summed up as an easy reader, originally written by Dan and Deborah Joy Levine. I did take some poetic license with it - it's a whole lot easier to say "wed" than to find a phonetic phrasing for "is there any hope for us".

It's over 300 words. Sorry I didn't meet the length criteria. I got lazy - it's two episodes, after all.

~ - ~ - ~ - ~

Lois and Clark were friends. They had a job to do. Each day, they find the news. When they find it, they put it in the newspaper.

Lois met Lex. Lois and Lex went on a date. They had fun.

Lex said he was good, but he was not. He was a bad man. He hid the bad things he did. Lois did not think Lex was bad.

Lex wanted to wed Lois. He got rid of her job. He blew up the newspaper.

Lex did it, but said it was Jack. A cop took Jack away.

Lois was sad. She wants to find the news with Clark, but cannot.

Clark was sad. Clark wants to find the news with Lois, but cannot.

Clark told Lois that Lex was bad. Lois did not trust Clark. Clark was mad.

Soon, Lex asked Lois to wed. She was mixed up.

Lois loved Superman. Lois asked Superman to wed, but he said no.

Clark was a good man. Clark was Superman, too. Lois did not see Clark when he flew – just Superman. This made Clark sad.

Lois was sad. Her job was gone. Her friends were mad. Lois said she would wed Lex. This made Clark cry and yell.

Clark wanted to find the truth. Perry and Jim were his friends. They gave Clark help. It took a long time.

Lex did not think Superman and Clark were the same. Lex set a trap. Lex put him in bars that hurt. Poor Superman.

Lois missed Clark. Lois did not wed. She said no to Lex and felt joy.

Perry and Jim tell a cop about Lex. The cop came to take Lex away. Lex ran.

Lex wanted to hurt Superman. But Clark was smart. He was not in the bars that hurt. He got out.

Lois wanted a hug. “Where is Clark?” she said. Clark said, “I am here.” She gave him a big hug. They were best friends again.

The End.

~ - ~ - ~ - ~

I know my grammer stinks. Among other problems, I switched between present and past tense a few times, but didn't see a way around it without bringing more complicated words into it. grumble

This was an interesting exercise. I may try another in a while.
BJ