Okay, I have been through a LOT of stories on the archive and have yet to find one like this one. If there is one... please feel free to point me to it since I love a good read.

Challenge:
What if Clark never went to Metropolis and instead came home to Smallville (or some other city if you prefer)? What if he still decided to become Superman on his own and went to Metropolis for some major disaster and met Lois? What if they became best friends as Superman and Lois with out her ever meeting Clark? What if by some random turn of events she somehow meets him as Clark? Maybe he has shown his Clark side to her openly because he knows she wouldn't have the chance to ever meet him as Clark. Then when they do meet he avoids her as his normal self and limits the contact so she doesn't catch on.

Basic idea: Superman is the familiar person to Lois and is trying to hide that he is Clark instead of Clark hiding that he is Superman.

I just thought it would be fun to see a story where Lois doesn't know of the existance of Clark and his struggles with it all. I know there are a few stories out there were she gets to know him as Kal-el at the same time as she is getting to know Clark... but this one is a bit different. Ideas? Thoughts? Crappy idea? Good idea? Been done before? Peanut gallery?

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!