> if Clark is not Lois' date what is his
> preconceived reason for being invited
> to the ball?

>Is Clark after the definitive interview as
> much as Lois or does he decide at the last
> minute to try speaking to Luthor?

It could work with two different tracks;

A) Luthor is well known, even Jimmy goes to the ball and has read his biographies. So Clark could be trying to get the interview for the same reason as Lois.

B) The ball takes place after Clark knows Luthor is trying to sabotage the "Messenger". Clark is following Sun Tzu's advice to keep your ememies closer. In this track Clark as Superman never directly confronts Luthor about being a villin.

> If Clark is to have the book with him and know
> about Lex's fascination for Sun Tzu he must
> have researched the man.
Yes, in either track. Or Jimmy who has read all five (5) of Luthor's biographies tells him.

> In that case did he
> suspect from something he found that maybe Lex
> Luthor was not what he seemed and that is why
> he planned to try for the interview?

> Is Clark's main goal to expose Luthor or
> to understand him and prove that what he
> thought was wrong?

I'm still thinking about that. It is of course up to whoever writes itHowever in either Track Clark still learns Luthor is a villain fairly soon. And does not confront him.

In fact if Lois, jealous about Clark's seeming access and closeness to Luthor takes the "something is not kosher about Luthor" approach it would be fun. She could think the hack from Smallville has too much faith in people. Confides her concerns about Luthor to Superman, who shares these concerns and admits his own concerns to Lois. Superman also reminds Lois of Sun Tzu's advice to keep your friends close and ememies closer.

Lois rejects Superman's belief that Clark may be doing just that and insists, to herself, that Clark is being fooled. Feeling Clark is too transparent she does NOT tell him of her suspicions about Luthor and tells Superman to be careful what he tells Clark because Clark couldn't keep a secret if his life depended on it and in this case she believes Luthor would simply kill Clark if he believed Clark knew something.

>P.S. I can come up with ideas for someone else
> but me Nooooo!!!

Likewise. I can plot and outline but writing the characters and their dialog and scene descriptions...[large sigh]. What I'd really like is for someone ELSE to write so I can read it. frown

Framework4