Originally posted by rivka:
I got the impression that Juliet's challenge was meant to be specifically a MAJOR power outage. That is, like the one yesterday in the NE, or the one in L.A. in 1996, or the one in NYC in 1965, etc.

Something with effects of a bit larger scope than a stuck elevator. Or maybe that's just my take on it . . . huh
Well, I think that could be one take on it, but I think Juliet just wanted author's to play with the idea in any way they were inspired.

Can be humorous or dramatic, length really doesn't matter in this one, I'll read anything that deals with L&C dealing with the NE Power Outage (I assume Metropolis is in the NE).
In that vein, there might be stories that deal with serious topics like helping stranded people and other problems, and silly or steamy stories about Lois and Clark trapped somewhere.

I actually have a romance novel well underway that takes place during a power outage, but it was inspired by the ice storm that knocked out power in the Carolinas for over a week last winter. So that takes place in the cold. A power outage set during the heat of summer definitely has potential. And while it wouldn't have to be nfic necessarily, my creative processes definitely tend toward steam and heat. If I didn't have a million other things on my plate right now, I just might respond to this challenge. Sounds like a lot of fun. smile

Annie

Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen