Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Juliet Power Outage Challenge - 08/14/03 08:12 PM
Okay I was watching all the Northeasterners without power on TV and I was wondering: How would a power outage affect Lois and Clark?

Can be humorous or dramatic, length really doesn't matter in this one, I'll read anything that deals with L&C dealing with the NE Power Outage (I assume Metropolis is in the NE).

So are the creative authors of this board wanting to take on this challenge? laugh
Posted By: BrightFeather Re: Power Outage Challenge - 08/14/03 09:03 PM
evil sounds like a challenge for nfic....

Laura
Posted By: Blayne Re: Power Outage Challenge - 08/14/03 09:57 PM
Exactly what I was thinking when I read the challenge... evil
Posted By: Karen Re: Power Outage Challenge - 08/15/03 06:27 AM
And here my first thought was elevators. And I thought *I* lived in the gutter... wink laugh rotflol
Posted By: YellowDartVader Re: Power Outage Challenge - 08/15/03 08:29 AM
Living in Cleveland, Ohio which was affected by the horrible power outage (we just got power back about 3 hrs ago and are still without water frown frown frown ) I sort of was thinking along the same lines last night when I was sitting in the dark trying to find something . . . anything . . . to do. Unfortunately, I was sitting in the dark, so I couldn't write anything down. The idea I had was a gfic idea, definately not nfic.

- Laura
Posted By: LabRat Re: Power Outage Challenge - 08/15/03 09:17 AM
Gfic...nfic...we don't care so long as it's fanfic, Laura. <G>

I'll look forward to seeing some answers to this one...

Yes, that's a hint. laugh

LabRat smile
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: Power Outage Challenge - 08/15/03 01:37 PM
What a coincidence!! One of my upcoming fics includes a scene in the DP elevator while the power is down.
(gfic, of course)

AnnaBtG.
Posted By: YConnell Re: Power Outage Challenge - 08/15/03 02:13 PM
Um, much as I don't like blowing my own trumpet...

The following was written back in February, is mildly nfic and so you'll need a password to gain access.

The Elevator (1/3)
The Elevator (2/3)
The Elevator (3/3)

Edit: Alas, the links above don't actually work. You'll have to go to Zoomway's nfic forum manually, ask to show topics from last year, and go to page 5. smile

Yvonne
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Power Outage Challenge - 08/15/03 04:24 PM
Just for the record, the links will work once you get past a glitch -- the system seems to get confused when it has to stop you for the nfic password. Afterwards, it forgets where it was going. But when I closed that window and clicked on the link again, it worked fine. smile

PJ
Posted By: BrightFeather Re: Power Outage Challenge - 08/15/03 04:32 PM
Hint? Hm... letssee... still waiting on my beta readers for my G&L and the last chapter of LGL... perhaps, maybe... We'll see. wink I can think of some lovely senarios that fit this, but I'm not sure if I can write it.

Laura
Posted By: rivka Re: Power Outage Challenge - 08/15/03 06:37 PM
I got the impression that Juliet's challenge was meant to be specifically a MAJOR power outage. That is, like the one yesterday in the NE, or the one in L.A. in 1996, or the one in NYC in 1965, etc.

Something with effects of a bit larger scope than a stuck elevator. Or maybe that's just my take on it . . . huh
Posted By: AnnieM Re: Power Outage Challenge - 08/15/03 06:52 PM
Originally posted by rivka:
I got the impression that Juliet's challenge was meant to be specifically a MAJOR power outage. That is, like the one yesterday in the NE, or the one in L.A. in 1996, or the one in NYC in 1965, etc.

Something with effects of a bit larger scope than a stuck elevator. Or maybe that's just my take on it . . . huh
Well, I think that could be one take on it, but I think Juliet just wanted author's to play with the idea in any way they were inspired.

Can be humorous or dramatic, length really doesn't matter in this one, I'll read anything that deals with L&C dealing with the NE Power Outage (I assume Metropolis is in the NE).
In that vein, there might be stories that deal with serious topics like helping stranded people and other problems, and silly or steamy stories about Lois and Clark trapped somewhere.

I actually have a romance novel well underway that takes place during a power outage, but it was inspired by the ice storm that knocked out power in the Carolinas for over a week last winter. So that takes place in the cold. A power outage set during the heat of summer definitely has potential. And while it wouldn't have to be nfic necessarily, my creative processes definitely tend toward steam and heat. If I didn't have a million other things on my plate right now, I just might respond to this challenge. Sounds like a lot of fun. smile

Annie

Annie
Posted By: LabRat Re: Power Outage Challenge - 08/15/03 06:55 PM
If I didn't have a million other things on my plate right now, I just might respond to this challenge.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo! Get them off your plate!! We need steamy, smoochie Annie fic!

LabRat smile
Posted By: YConnell Re: Power Outage Challenge - 08/16/03 09:22 AM
Yes, Rivka, I realised there was more potential than just being stuck in an elevator, but Anna's post about her upcoming fic just reminded me about my own 'L&C stuck in an elevator fic', that's all. I thought people might enjoy it. huh

Yvonne smile
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Power Outage Challenge - 08/16/03 12:42 PM
Well, for the record, I enjoyed it, Yvonne! smile It wasn't quite what I was expecting, but it was very well done! smile Poor Clark... lucky for him that Lois was there to help out :p

PJ
Posted By: KathyB Re: Power Outage Challenge - 08/16/03 06:06 PM
A power outage set during the heat of summer definitely has potential. And while it wouldn't have to be nfic necessarily, my creative processes definitely tend toward steam and heat.
Ah, but a power outage during a winter storm also has great steam potential ... huddling by the fire to stay warm, perhaps needing to share a bed to conserve body heat ... when suddenly, all those layers just seem a little too confining ...

Oh yes, there are lots of ways to go with this one. <G>

Kathy
Posted By: rivka Re: Power Outage Challenge - 08/16/03 09:44 PM
[Linked Image] <sigh> Sorry, Yvonne, I didn't mean it like that. frown Actually, when you posted the links, I was thinking it's too bad I don't read nfic.

I had been trying to think of something along the lines of the old movie "Where Were You When the Lights Went Out" . . . but I can't seem to make it work. So I guess I was hoping someone else would do it for me. wink
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards