Well, when I told you the new tradition should be writers giving us stories on their birthday, I didn't think you'd actually do it, but I'm so glad you did!

I absolutely loved this. I rarely like first person narrative, but this worked very well. Hearing her thoughts in the first person allowed us to really understand what she was going through and to see her progression. I loved the idea that her haircut led to her knowing herself better -- well enough to make the right decision.

And, perhaps I'm just dense, but I had no idea we were talking about Lex here until I was supposed to. I was duped. <G>

Knowing that, and rereading it now, there is so much more to her fears. Originally I read it thinking it was understandable, but that everything would be fine and she shouldn't be too worried. But now I completely understand her fears and know that they were more than justified.

The end was sweet, and I loved the idea of Clark staying with her and helping her. And it's nice to see her realize that she's in love with him, but that this isn't the time to tell him.

Wonderful. Thanks for sharing. smile

Annie (who really likes this idea of author's giving presents on their birthdays. Who's next?)

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen