Nicely done, Mere.

The first person works well in both hiding who she is really going to marry, and giving us access to Lois thoughts and fears. It is very natural (once we find out which wedding she's really talking about) for her to worry about losing herself, her identity in marriage. With Lex there could be no other outcome. She would be Mrs. Luthor first and formost (because that's the way Lex would have demanded it to be) and Lois Lane would come in a distant second.

I like how you had Lois coming to terms with 'the new Lois', a person she didn't recognize at first.

Only one small problem. When Lois irrationally blames the haircut for killing Lex Clark merely states that it will grow out in a few weeks. Clark wouldn't do that. He would gentley remind her that such an idea was ridiculous and then he'd probably tell her that he thought it looked good. His role there was to comfort her.

This was another excellant story in this little challenge series (which I'll remind everyone was Bethy's idea, but one I wholeheartedly endorse). Hopefully many more will take up the gauntlet and we'll see many more of these (except from Kaethel) before it's done.

Tank the Retired (who would wish Mere a happy birthday but doesn't want to seem cliqued)