A stand-alone Nan fic! Thank you thank you thank you thank you! I'm so far behind in my reading that's it's a pleasure to actually be able to read a story of yours when it hits the mbs! goofy

This looks like a wonderfully funny premise and I'm really looking forward to where you plan to take this. Great characterization all round! Using Bill (everyone loves Bill laugh ) as an outside POV for LnC interaction is inspired. I loved his stunned reaction to the mellowing of Mad Dog Lane and his amusement at the way Lois was more irritated by her ruined clothing than an attempted assassination.

One little detail:

"I hope it makes some difference in the temperature," Superman said. "I just transported a woman with heat exhaustion to the hospital. She'd been sitting in traffic for an hour."

"Yeah, I heard you," Henderson said.

Superman's lips quirked, but he didn't comment.
Surely this was forty-five minutes after that sonic boom, if not more? The word "just" doesn't seem appropriate here.

Sooo, when will our cop turn super? How will this impact on his very sensibly considered tribute to Supes? How will he react at the realization that CK=S?

Looking forward to MORE!

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827