Great descriptions of the fighting. I could see it happening in my mind's eye.

It was a bit surprising how Lois ended the conflict, but realistic. The tines of a hay fork can definitely do some damage.

From where Lois was kneeling on the ground, she spoke up, the anger she still felt came out in her voice as she said, "He shot my husband and I lost it. I gave him a flying kick and he fell. I didn't know that was there. It was an accident."

Rachel was stunned, Out of everything Lois had said, she latched on to one of Lois’s statements and blurted out, "Husband?!?!?"
A man is dead, but the first thing she focuses on is the fact that Lois and Clark are married. Real professional, sheriff. Of course, if she was a villain, she might use the bit about Trask's death to try to get Lois out of the way.

The little man said, "I suggest that we bring out some lawn furniture and sit in the sun so that Mr. Kent can heal."

Lois addressed him, "How do you know so much about us?"

"That, my dear Miss Lane is, as they say, ‘a long story'. I suggest that we all get comfortable."
I can't wait to read it.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland