AmandaK Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
A
Chapter 7
TOC

Let me know what you think!

Last edited by AmandaK; 05/01/24 09:26 PM.
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Good to know that they figured out how to bring Clark and Superman back. I'm wondering when the boys will start interacting. Jor starting to learn English is a good first step. Love your story.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Watching with quiet interest as your story builds an Alt-Universe different from most. Jon is so happy to have his father back and discover who he is, while Jor is trying to fit in by learning English. No doubt that is the first step in a long journey of adaptation.

Hope the wait for the next part is not so long.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
A
AmandaK Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
A
Sorry for the long waits. Real life has been crazy and I keep getting distracted by other plot bunnies. Just a heads up, I will have to take a hiatus sometime in late June when my baby is born. Not sure I'll have much time to write for a few months. Hope to get back to it in the fall though. If I lag too long, feel free to give me a poke.

B
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
B
Oh, that was a very interesting chapter pulling forward some basics and teasing other stuff that might com eup.
For Lois, she's still adjusitng to suddenly have her husband back after so long. She's filled with a lot of joy bbut also slowly begins to realize thaat it won't be all smoth-sailing, that Clark is a bit of a different man than he was when he left. Although it also seems like she would like best if everything went back to as it's been before, that's not totally realistic. Also, she's still a little...well, I wouldn't say uncomfortable but lacking a better word righ tnow, with Jor. Which, admittedly, might be sorted out soon enough with the language barrier fading. Ornot. We shall see.
Jon is such a bundle of energy and pure joy. He's definitely the funny brother to Jor's stoic silence lol. Which admittedly makes sense given their respective backgrounds. It was awesome watching him being so super-excited about all that. At least of now, it's all fun, curiosity, and joy to him. I'm sure sooner or later, their might be downsides coming to show for him. Like having to hide/lie stuff from his friends for instance, IDK, or dealing with powers that might not be that coo. Well, keet it up kid.
Clark wants to be Superman again, alreadymade this decison. Which is relatable for a number of reasons. It's always been something he enjoyed, helping people and such. ALso, it's, as stated, something he missed being able to do on NK. And, it's heavily implied there's a lot of survivor's guilt within him too that he might hope to fill that void somehow, even if that's something, he hasn't fully realized for himself yet. And as much as it might be good for Clark to be able to do good again, I have a feeling that won't solve his deep trauma issues, and at some point, that might kick him back in the butt hard. If it goes bad, that might lead to a very public breakdonw for Supes, which could be...ah...unfortunate. He also has a lot of self-doubt about his Clark Kent role right now, whether he'll be able to adjust again and so on. Also, fun little details here and there that he missed, like earphones, movies that came out etc.
and lastly, Jor. I'm still pretty sure he will have the hardest time to adjust to this "new normal". Clark has, although connected with some complications, a life he can return to, people who love and care for him on this planet, a few purpses (both in family, work, and supering). Jor has none of this. Plus, he's form an entirely different culture. Learning the language and culture is one thing, actually practicing a new culture, while pretending that's normal to him, a whole different kind of struggle. Granted, the cover story might explain some of his, ah, lack of social awareness and whatnot, but there's still a lot to juggle.
In addition, he comes form a position of walth and prestige. He's used to be on the top of the social ladder and doing things a certain way. So it will be exceptionally hard for him to find a place in this new world for himself especially since Clark aside, he knows no one and nothing on this planet. To make it worse, he won't be able to openly talk over his experiences, who he is at his very core, and you know, all that important stuff, with anyone outside his nuclear fam. Which is...really not great. It's a big complication of the whole Superman secret that no one can really be blamed for but that is even more extreme in this case compared to the usual Clois kid. I kind of hope he fiends a perosn outside th efam to tell the truth to, not because there's anything wrong with the fam, but just...sometimes kids need someone who has a little more distance on stuff. I'm not worried he will get the need for the secrecy and all - he's used to do "logical thinking" in ways your standard EArth kid is not - but still that says nothing about the emotional aspects of it all. It also must hurt a little sseing how easy Clark and Jon bond over Krypton-related stuff when his own relationship to him is so tense.
Lastly, something that caused my attention: It's said at one point we have two nine-year-old boys. However, wouldn't Jon be a significant bit older than Jor? Like, Jon was conceived pre-Clark traveling to NK. Then, we have multiple months of traveling there, getting introduced/used to NK, then they do the agreement witz Zara/ching, then these two try for a bit (maybe some weeks) to conceive a child. So...that's quite some time that would pass there, right? Just something for consideration...

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
A
AmandaK Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
A
BlindPassenger - thank you for your comments. I always love getting your thoughts on the story.
Yes, Jon is about 4-5 months older than Jor. I don't know that this will be of importance in the story though.

B
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
B
Fair point, especially given that Jor's maturing works differently from humans anyway (on a sociological level) so not that this makes a lot of difference there either way.

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Glad that Jor is learning English. It'll make things easier for him.

I hope Lois and Clark can have some time alone soon.

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Thanks for another great chapter! I love this story. I’m glad Lois thought of a plausible cover story to explain where Clark has been and where Jor came from. It’s good that Jor is learning English so fast. I’m glad Jon has telepathic abilities. I hope he’s inherited super powers too.

I can’t wait for the next chapter!! I hope it’s coming soon! Thanks for a wonderful story!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard