Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#299749 04/19/24 01:40 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Story is here: https://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ubbthreads.php/topics/299748/an-icy-reception-1-1#Post299748

Comments, questions, and criticisms go here. :3

I hope yall enjoy!

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is an interesting and evil twist. I believe you already did put Lois and Clark in the ice age before. And this is a parallel world, so our LnC and ice age LnC will meet? jawdrop

Could we persuade you to continue this? angel-devil

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
B
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
B
Oh my this is ahilarious twist. So we have Clark, Lois, Jimmy, Lex and some scientists, stuck in the ice age world. Hrm, how long will it take for the rest of the crew to find out Clark=Superman to get the surviving on track? I'm sure Clark will rather reveal himself than letting anyone die so that's only a matter of time. And how frustrating it will be for dear Lex that he has to rely on Superman for his an dhis crew's survival, oh Tempus would love the irony, wouldn't he?

And then, that OTHER twist. Ahh! So we are in the world of cave!Lois and Kal. I assume "the beast" is the reindeer from earlier. Now you absolutetely MUST write the sequel where the two LnC sets meet, since I'm sure Kal will discover something else than fruit out there... Pretty please?

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Mary!

The air in LexLabs seemed to crackle as Lois Lane stepped forward between two massive pillars, and the world was consumed in light. After a soft “pop”, a sudden blast of frigid air pulled her skin into goosebumps and made her automatically hug herself in a desperate grab for warmth. Two more pops sounded behind her as she blinked away the spots floating in her vision.
Did she step through a portal? Did Tempus set up something fun?

“—to Luthortopia!” Lex stood grinning in front of her, his arms outstretched.
shock

The walls of the laboratory were gone. The ground on which she now stood was covered in hardened snow, and it seemed to roll on forever towards an unbroken horizon. A few nearby tents were the only buildings visible, and a handful of scientists moved between them while inspecting various pieces of equipment. A desk with a computer sat out in the open, thick cables running from its tower to the pair of huge pillars they'd just passed through.
Is this the Beta Site?

In front of the gap, Jimmy blinked and rubbed his eyes while Clark's gaze snapped to hers. She circled around the towering structures, but there was no trace of the place she'd been only a moment ago.
Lex brought all three?
LEX: Three men enter Luthortopia, one leaves.

“Incredible!” The word puffed out in front of her as a white mist that the wind soon carried away, and she felt Clark's jacket settle over her shoulders. She turned to Lex, wide-eyed, and raised her voice a little to be heard over the wind. “So this is your solution to overpopulation?”
Yes, with cryogenetic freezing you can send people off to distant planets and re-hydrate them once they reach their destination. If it doesn’t work, you can still keep the money they have paid you for the transport services.

The philanthropist nodded, beaming. “We have broken the boundaries of our own spacetime continuum and pushed through to an alternate universe!
/highlights “broken” and “spacetime”/ Yes, the guy broke freakin’ spacetime.

, we speculate that early humans may be just starting to spread away from Africa. The very first beginnings of technology would—”
Now, the question is when did humans evolve enough brain that you could cultivate a slave species based on the local version of the homo sapien sapiens?

Lex clapped a hand on the man's shoulder, smiling tightly. “Ah, yes. Lois, gentlemen,” He nodded towards Clark and Jimmy. “Allow me to introduce Dr. Eustace Diggory. He has been in charge of the little research expeditions here.”
I also wonder if they really broke into another universe or simply moved back in time.

“So then, would the citizens of… Luthortopia… be completely unable to raise their own crops?”
They can buy grade-A crops in the local LexCo. There should be enough gold in the hills to pay for it.

Lois rolled her eyes at him. “Really, Clark! You're standing in the middle of an alternate universe, and all you can think about is farming?”
Well…/points at his upbringing/

Without it, how are these people supposed to get food, or clothing, or even basic medicine?”
The local mega founa could be found to be quite tasty?

Before any colonists arrive, we will have set up a reliable system of supply drops and goods exchange. Luthortopians will have not merely survival, but prosperity!”
“goods exchange” /points at earlier remarks/

Clark muttered something under his breath that sounded like the word “dependency”.
See?

Clark's arm pulled her back just as a reindeer passed by them at top speed with a giant cat right on its heels.
Just like at the office at the Daily Planet.

A shotgun blast shattered the computer tower before it hit the ground.

The chase soon vanished into the distance. After a moment, the small band of scientists gathered around the fallen computer. None of their expressions seemed particularly hopeful or encouraging.

Lex grit his teeth. “Dr. Diggory?”

The pudgy man sheepishly lowered the shotgun. “Sorry, Mr. Luthor,” he mumbled.

“Sorry?” Lex stepped towards Dr. Diggory, and the man cowered. “We are trapped in a barren, ice age planet, and you're sorry?” His voice held an unnerving edge.
Oops? Maybe they should have set up housing for their equipment? Redundancy? *Fences*?
LEX: Why would I bring Bob Fences to my new colony world?

“We have an emergency protocol for this situation,” the only woman among the scientists spoke up.
Propagation of the species until help arrives?

“Um…” Dr. Diggory cleared his throat. “Actually, Mr. Luthor, there is the small matter of…time dilation.”
Ahhmm…?

“It was in all my reports,” the man continued. “While it's true that the rescue team should retrieve us within twenty-four hours…on that side…from our perspective, it would be, um, up to six months.”
Oops?

Clark put a hand on the younger man's shoulder. “Nobody is going to die.”
They can eat reindeer. And Lex can propagate the species. There’s now *two* women available.

“Look on the bright side,” the remaining scientist piped up. “We'll have an incredible opportunity to really experience this environment in depth. Who knows what we could discover!”
/points at Native Americans bring corn, turkey, and yams/

Mad Wolf dipped her fingers into the pigment and smeared it onto the figure slowly taking shape on the wall.
Oh no, you did not cross over with the Wolf-verse, did you?

The beast had been a terrifying sight: much larger than any man among her people, quick as lightning, and with sharp horns. But her husband had subdued it effortlessly, and now the scent of its roasted flesh still lingered in the warm air of the cave system.
laugh

He pointed to the three legs on her depiction of the beast, then turned to her and held up four fingers.
rotflol Editing her copy!

Mad Wolf swatted at him and reached down for the pigment again, only to be interrupted by a sudden kick. She gasped. Her hand, still coated in red, flew up to her belly.

“Wolf?”
Oh, look, suddenly a Kryptonian is able to propagate with a human. All it takes is clean air and a fresh breeze.

Eventually, another sensation made itself known, even though she had already eaten not that long ago. “Kal? I want fruit.”
Cravings!

He stared at her, then turned to look towards the mouth of the cave and the frozen woods beyond. “Fruit?”

She nodded.

“Fruit?!” he said again.
rotflol

He seemed about to say something, but then he sighed. “Mad Wolf,” he muttered as he rose to his feet. “Mad, mad wolf!”
rotflol rotflol

Who knew what he could discover?
Yeah…I wonder what roasted Lex tastes like.
MAD WOLF: Chicken. Hmm… Stringy chicken.

Oh this was a fun tale. And with those two disjointed parts you realize that the (1/1) isn’t correct, right? I have (ice-)age appropriate friends here: wildguy wildguy and wildguy

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sequel please? dizzy

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard