Next Thread
Print Thread
#299848 05/07/24 05:05 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Chapter 1

Story TOC

It seems like it's been a *really* long time since I've posted, but...here goes nothing.

As I said in my author's note, there are dark themes here, but the overall feeling I'm going for is HOPE, even if it takes a little while to get there.

This is part 1 of a planned trilogy and is almost complete. I'll probably post once or twice weekly until I'm finished with the writing for part 1, then I'll post more frequently.

Thanks in advance for reading! 🥰
-Bek

Last edited by SuperBek; 05/09/24 12:49 PM.
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Good grief, what is going on here. I have a feeling we're talking about child abuse. Can't wait to see where this is going. So glad to have you and your stories back. I'm eagerly awaiting the next part.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
1 member likes this: SuperBek
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by bakasi
Good grief, what is going on here. I have a feeling we're talking about child abuse. Can't wait to see where this is going. So glad to have you and your stories back. I'm eagerly awaiting the next part.

It's been a while since I've posted, and I'm actually a bit nervous for this one because as you can imagine, yeah, there's something not right going on... 😢

We'll learn more about Clark and his past soon...

Thanks for reading 🥰

-Bek

B
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
B
Oh, look, a new Bek story! And of course it's already a planned trilogy. BekShort and all that. Well that already sounds good... so let's dive in.

The concept sounds really interesting. Stories where a young Clark is not found by the Kents and meets them a little later in live are quite rare. And this is basically a reverse-alt-Clark, as in instead of losing them at age ten, he GETS them at age ten. Huh. Curious.

But of course things are never that easy. Since, ah, someone had to take care of Clark up to that point, naturaly. In this case, it seems to be the Peterson family - whose other two members are dead now. Well, ouch?

That said...it seems as if they probably haven't done...the best job with raising Clark. He sue has a shock form the car wreck and all, so that can screw things up, but I'm pretty sure there's more to it. He seems to have serious issues with touch and people he doesn't know, and generally seems too introverted. Hrm, there might have been some abuse going on? It could also be that Clark has had trouble with his incoming powers, like accidentally hurt someone with them, and his alt-family reacted bad about it.

Generally, one wonder how much they knew or didn't knew about what he can do. He's already implied to have his strength and probably some floating (since it's implied MArtha didn't have to do much to carry him up...although that might also be an implication he is underweight for his age either...)

The background for this certainly looks interesting, albeit it sems to be gone not-so-great for Mini-Clark.

Martha is totally lost, isn't she? If someone is going to try to take Clark away from her who sin't completely and utterly dedicated to that kid, I have a feel she will have words with that person!

And one must consider, that if we are ten years later in the future than usual, Martha and Jon's with for a kid and all the pining tha twas already there + ten years more. Oh, that must be hard. At this point one wonders why they haven't adopted a kid or something but I assum eit's not always that easy. I've heard foster/adoption agencies can be idiots about things sometimes and the system is not all that great...

Something tells me the search for other relatives will be fruitless. Hrm, how do I get this idea, I dunno...

Given Clark is obviously traumatized from something and he'll need all the comfort he can get, will we see the return of Finn for this one? Just a thought...
Loving this so far. Like yeah, it's sad but I get the feel life will be better for Clark from now on. And, it's also nice to see a longer fic focussing on a young Clark as well as Jonathan and Martha. We don't have enough of those here.

Keep it up! I'm looking forward to more and think I'll stick around for this one. Now, let's hope I'll be able to stay caught-up, but we shall see.

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
A
Hack from Nowheresville
Online Content
Hack from Nowheresville
A
It's always interesting to read a story where Clark didn't have a perfect childhood with the Kents. The Kents framed so much of who he would become and those first years are so important in establishing mannerisms and habits. For him to have started out in an abusive home will surely have long term effects. And while, with the Kents love and care, he may be able to overcome a lot of it, there may stick with him the rest of his life.

Jonathan and Martha have a long road ahead of them to help Clark. Interested to see where this is going.

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Ahh I already commented on Ao3 but can't wait for more...
Although....I am deeply concerned M&J won't actually get custody of Clark........ 😭
hopefully the next chapter will prove me wrong....🤣

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I really felt Martha's distress reading this. I'm with her; I wouldn't let him go either!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard