Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
KSaraSara, I am absolutely *loving* this story!

*Squees!!!* It's just so adorable and romantic and I love this alternate beginning for them! clap So many feels. I'm in awe! ^_^

Last edited by Queen of the Capes; 04/19/22 10:31 PM.

~•~
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
This really is a nice start. I liked this bit of " Serendipity" thrown into the mix. The two German words had me smile. Though "schmalzy" doesn't come to mind, when thinking of Clark. But maybe the connotation is slightly different.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Features Writer
Features Writer
Squeeeee! So awesome and adorable. Now I want to know what they do after the interview! And see when he tells her and/or how Superman comes about :3 hyper

Really enjoyed this. Good way to start the day.

C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Don’t leave us hanging I want to know what happens next!

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This alternate start for our favorite couple was SO much fun! But like Blueowl and Crazy_Babe, I'm yearning for more! notworthy

T
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
T
Awwww! What a great start! More? wink

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Finally remembered to comment, sheesh!!

I loved the Pilot replay during their flirting! And this:

"Maybe not. Maybe I'll get the job tomorrow and stick around."

Somehow there's something SO GOOD about this line. The promise. Really struck a chord.

And their date for the next evening was *just* the perfect idea!

And the interview!!!

Very well done, Sara! Thank you for sharing, it was a pleasure being a part of this! smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Queen—thanks for having my back on creating the FDK thread when my internet was flaking so bad I almost didn’t get chapter 2 posted at all! eek Thank you! love

And thank you, thank you for such wonderful feedback! This was a fun one to write, even though it ran away and evolved on me a bit (don’t they always????). Adorable, romantic, and feels… yay!!! <3

bakasi—I originally had a Serendipity-like ending planned (that would still have them meeting in his interview), but then they had so much fun and emotions and feels that it really evolved into more of a date then a passing infatuation, so I had to change plans a bit! But I’m happy with how it ended up anyway!

Ooh good to know about “schmaltzy” …I’m wondering what word I was trying to think of?? I’ll have to come back and edit this at some point. Like “mock smarmy”? And I’m guessing wanderlust was the other German word? Gotta love that word—it’s so very Clark in his early years. smile

Blueowl—Yay! I’m glad you liked it!! I’m not sure if it’ll have a sequel or not. There aren’t any plans, and I have soooo many plot bunnies in the meantime!

CrazyBabe—I’m glad you enjoyed enough to want to know what happens next! As I mentioned above… I don’t have any plans for a sequel, but you never know…

Superjan—Thanks!! I’m so happy to hear it was fun and that you want more! There aren’t any plans, but maybe someday…

Toomi—Yay!! Glad you liked it! laugh More? I dunno… There aren’t any plans for it, but these two sure are a fun L&C, aren’t they??

Anna—I love that line too; it’s one I could hear in my head for sure! Thanks for pointing out and saying what you liked about it. smile I’m thrilled you were able and willing to help me out!! love

Thanks to everyone who commented and who read and enjoyed! love

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The scenes at the Daily Planet are so perfectly crafted I thought I was standing there watching everything unfold. Perfect story!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Online Content
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I love this story! It’s a sweet, charming and romantic alternate beginning for Lois & Clark. Reading this just made me feel good. Like others, I hope you write a sequel. I want to know what happens next! Thank you for making me smile!

K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Morgana—Oh wow! High praise, thank you!!! love

Songbird—Thank you!! I’m so glad you enjoyed it! These two really ran away with the story and made it so much more than I ever planned it to be, and they were so sweet an adorable! It makes my day to hear that this made you feel good and made you smile!!!! It’s a lucky thing for a writer to be able to do that and even better when they get to hear it when it happens, so thank you for letting me know! smile smile

… and as you might well have seen in discord (yay for joining!!!)… I was trying desperately to avoid reading new fic or writing or BRing…all the things that would have me so utterly distracted…trying to avoid these things so that I can properly pack and clean and organize and do all the things to get my house on the market an prepare to move to another state…so I just innocently re-read this story. Just…there shouldn’t have been any harm in it. But then…I got attacked by the plot bunny that is this story’s sequel! I don’t know how long it will be. Or if it will actually go anywhere…but there will be a serious attempt! So stay tuned!

Sara smile

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
This is delightful! I loved your writing from before, but it has matured and grown over the years and it is absolutely something else now. Just amazing. Your verbal sketches, the way you're able to capture moments and emotions.

I can get lost easily when people assume their audience can follow where they are going, and don't finish going there. But you never lose me.

I was thrilled when you started writing here again, these are all treasures I will enjoy for the next 20 years, I'm sure smile

K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
PuffyTiger—Oh, what wonderfully amazing feedback! Thank you SO much on the kind words about my writing; I can’t even say what that means to me! This really made my day! love

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sara!
…aaaand I’m back to it smile
It looked as though he was blushing again, and she wondered what the bartender had said to him.
Hmm… perhaps that he shouldn’t turn around now, but his girlfriend is checking out his butt?

So, do you come here often?"
Translation: “Are you only looking for men or trying for something serious?”

instead of wandering lasciviously over her body like other men always did
…or the way Lois just did to him?

instead of wandering lasciviously over her body like other men always did
Also, maybe she shouldn’t have gone to that gay bar dressed as a car thief last week?

He was only in town a few days, though. Maybe that was why it was easier, more comfortable—there was no threat of a relationship gone bad or getting hurt.
Yeah, sure sounds like she’s amping herself up to a one night stand. No biggy.

Well, it's my business, looking beyond the external."
Hmm…and yet, she didn’t recognize Clark underneath Superman.
LOIS: shock Why’s Superman lying on top of Clark?

But there wasn't a chance of anything beyond tonight, not given his likely potential for leaving and her track record when it came to men.
Yep, sure sounds like a one night stand.

“Oh! There was the time I spent a semester as an exchange student in Ireland when I was in college.
rotflol Sounds like Irish Guy did not leave much of an impression on her either, huh? When Irish Eyes Are Killing is one of those eps you need to be reminded of laugh

Oh, man, I’m dying to know what kind of job you have that took you to the Congo!
Hmm…I’m thinking ‘weapons trade’.

"True, but...that was a couple hours ago. Doesn't it feel more like a date now than it did before?" she asked, somewhat hesitant.
Yes, but a date is prearranged. This is called a hookup

Maybe we could call it our almost-first date,"
There’s a story by Sue or Laramoon on the dark side about their almost first date in The Phoenix.

She pulled in a sharp breath, the sudden surge of electricity between them making her heart race faster than it had all night so far.
So, she just got hit by lightning while touching Superman?

My...uh, field of work is definitely a male-dominated one, so I had to work twice as hard."
/points at earlier weapons trade comment/

"I've got three prestigious awards to my name already,"
Yes, most wanted by the FBI, Interpol and Scotland Yard.

Actually, never mind, it's not polite to ask a woman her age..."
Well, he needs to make sure she’s at least legal.

She scrunched her nose. "Leaving a path of destruction in my wake?" It kind of felt like that sometimes.
So… Federal Disaster Zone

"And you..." she said finally, "have a way with words. You should be a writer."
Oops

"Ohh, I haven't laughed so hard since..." She racked her brain as she clutched her arm around her aching stomach.
“Since my ex boyfriend-colleague got hit in the face by a horse apple in centennial park?”

"It's not that simple." "What's not?" Dating me, she thought.
There’s a handbook. Virginia even collected it into an archived fic.

"What if...what if you get the job, and we go on our seco—first date, and what if it's not the same as tonight? What if the...magic isn't there?"
Let’s see. She’s going to have a hookup tonight. And then after, the three-date rule applies, so… the ‘magic’ will be … different on the first date?

No names tonight, no numbers. I'll have to trust that you'll be here. You'll have to trust that I'll be here. We'll see how it goes?"
Yeah that’s going to be fun tomorrow at work evil

There are lots of jobs in Metropolis." She shook her head, even as she took comfort in his grasp. "I don't want you to settle. This is your career. That matters too, just as much as mine."
He can just take the job at the Star. And commute to Gotham for his side job until Bizarro moves back home and the other job opportunity opens up in Metropolis.

But everything in from his eyes to
psst: there’s an extra 'in' in there.

"What's your name?"
Hmm… he told her where he’s from. It shouldn’t be so hard to track him down in Smallville, if she does get pregnant.

And so they said goodnight.
jawdrop

She'd seen Love Affair—what if he got hit by a car and couldn't meet her? How would she know? How would she ever find him?
Well, ‘car wrapped around man’ would make the page three news in Metropolis. As for finding him after… maybe the Congo again?

What if you get hit by a car and break a leg and can't make it to meet me? Or I get kidnapped and can't make it? Anything could happen..."
laugh Scenario 2 certainly is quite realistic In her case.

And...do you make a habit of being kidnapped, generally?
It’s not so much a hobby than a professional risk. Although the Daily Planet’s insurance no longer covers kidnappings…

she still couldn't get that raise out of Perry, but she knew he would if he could
She could always switch to the Star?

A man, wild-eyed and looking like he might have been living on the streets, was yelling her name and warning of an explosion...a package in his hands.
Well, it certainly sounds more ominous this way.

pausing just before she passed him and put her hand on the small of his back, pressing gently as she raised to her toe
Aww, nice mirroring clap

and whispered, "I hope your interview goes well."
Very adorable indeed! I do admit, I expected her to just move him out to her desk, making the hiring decision instead of Perry since she needs an assistant anyway and leaving her boss standing there, confused.

Looking forward to getting to the next one!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard